torstai 28. huhtikuuta 2016

Daydreams

Am I the only one who keeps a list of "impossible wants"? You know, things that I would hardly even dream of getting in real life but yet enjoy making lists of. Some things are just too expensive or crazy rare in reality, but an excel file is more than nothing now isn't it?

I thought it could be fun if I, just for the heck of it, let myself loose and listed some (quite many) of these crazy, unrealistic wants that are on my list of impossibilities. After writing so many posts on the things I do own it might be refreshing to focus on what i don't.

Let's take baby steps first and start with the things that are (maybe) not MEGA CRAZY DIFFICULT to find. Things that come with a glimpse of hope, I might say.
1,2,3,4
Wouldn't it be cool to run into a shiny Pokémon? Around 70 Bandai Kid figures of the total ~2000 were made shiny and as you might imagine, I have never ever seen one anywhere outside the internet. If encountering a shiny toy is even half as fun as encountering an in-game shiny (and I imagine it is), the unusually colored Pokémon would instantly become the crown to my collection. But yeaaah I don't really think I'll find one anytime soon. If ever.

Speaking of soon, I found one item on my wants list last weekend!!! I dreamed of owning a complete Zukan figure set, stand and all, and I found one! Now I can proudly say I own a Zenkoku Collection 4, complete capsule 9 set of Ledyba, Ledian, Spinarak, and Ariados. And worry not, you will be seeing plenty of pictures, guaranteed. The Spinarak is so tiny I can't even! I found out that my zukan hunger only grows while eating since I could still imagine wanting the original ghost trio showcased up in the picture... and a few others.

I'll tell you, numero tres is pretty darn high in the impossible wants list. I owned that set of Love and sparkle Puppy in my pocket puppies in the 90's but my mom force-donated them to my younger cousin when I grew out of the playing phase. I LOVED those glittery dogs and I still do. To ease the pain I keep the lonely trophy (that I still have) in my collection cabinet, but I'm pretty desperate to find the puppies to go with it.

Number four is plain and simple: I would go crazy over anything Baymax. Big Hero 6 is awesome and Baymax is one of those love at first sight characters. He's on this list because either people don't own any Baymax merch or they don't want to sell it forward since I have never seen anything having even remote resemblance to him in thrift stores. Luckily the movie is fairly recent so there's still hope.
1,2,3,4,5
And then to the totally crazy business. First, it would be awesome to get my hands on the Pokémon pins that are coming out with the 20th anniversary trading card game Mythical Collection Boxes! I've watched many unboxing videos on YouTube and the pins look so nicely made and shimmery and glossy and everything  The boxes are being sold in Finland, but they are not too cheap and I don't think the people who spend their money on them will be selling their pins anytime soon.

Because I'm a sucker for quality, I would love to own a few Amiibos such as the beauuuuutiful Princess Peach. I have a thing for figures whose dresses are not solid lumps but show some leg underneath ..but not in a perverted way. Also, I'm not even ashamed to admit that I'm a complete narutard and would love me some nice looking Naruto figures. I don't care what the rest of the world thinks: I'm cool for knowing jutsu hand signs!

When I found out the lucky people of the UK were getting Adventure Time Happy Meal toys I was super jealous! The whole set consists of 28 different Adventure Time characters and if you want to you can mix and match their heads and bodies to get even more cool looking figurines. I've seen these in videos, too, and as far as I can tell they look super nicely made! Adventure Time is one of my favorite things ever so these toys are definitely high up on my list.

High up is also Zootopia, or Zootropolis depending on where you live. Very much like with Baymax I would enjoy anything Zootopia related since the movie is in the category of the greatest things ever made. I even went to see it twice. If I could get any Zootopia merchandise I wanted, I would pick the Funko mystery minis simply because they look nice, feel nice and are nice (period).
1,2,3,4
Tokidoki figures are great as they are but when you combine tokidoki with Hello Kitty my impossible wants list catches fire ( o ). Just look at the Donutella Kitty (second row second) or the octo-Kitty (second to last), just LOOK at them!

Quite interestingly, also a Kinder Surprise figure got on my list. The golden hippo in the picture is Marylinchen, a limited edition surprise toy made to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Kinder eggs. Ferrero made 40K gold Marylinchens so it's not super extreme over-the-top rare but still, I don't think I'll find one thrifting.

I get really excited when I run into Sanrio figures other than Hello Kitty. Not because I don't like Hello Kitty but because she is so much more common than any of her friends. To be honest the famous cat isn't even my favorite of the bunch - 1st place goes to Gudetama, the lazy egg. The very concept of the character is so me that Gudetama climbed up on my list the first moment I saw him. Them. I don't know, it's an egg.

The latest addition to my unrealistic dream team is anything from the Disney Traditions line. I love the "old fashioned" finish of the figurines and just by looking at pictures I can tell that the quality is top notch. I would love to get my hands on Belle. Or Cinderella. Or maybe Aurora. Or Stitch. Every single figure is beyond words beautiful that's for sure.

So there you have it. These figures and toys may be mundane to some, but for me they exist firmly on the fun but unlikely realistic wishlist. And you know what, I don't really mind. Even though I drool over these things, I really don't feel like I have to own everything. It's so much fun to daydream and there's always YouTubers and fellow toy bloggers who share their finds and the resultant happiness with us

Speaking of finds, I spent half a day at a huge flea-market-type event last weekend and boy did I find things. I was already all settled for the next thrifted treasures and since I'm trying not to make my blog posts obscenely long (great success so far, pfft) I don't really know what to do, heh. Maybe a brief, haul-like thing? Here's a little sneak peek, yikes:
At least I'm not running out of things to write about!

Byes!

Tuuli

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti