perjantai 6. toukokuuta 2016

A huge haul and a little DIY

Hello hello!

Twice a year my city holds a huge "flea market" event where hundreds of people fill up the central market square and sell their excess junk to other people who fill the place up even more. I attend every time I can and I've always had a blast!

This time around, me and my dad were lurking around the stalls even before the event started and managed to go through every single table in around five hours - time well spent! I was avoiding toy hunting for quite a while before the event so I could let myself loose and that is exactly what I did.

I bought way too many things to even consider a thorough episode of thrifted treasures so I decided to briefly show the things I found in a form of a haul. I'm super proud that I manned up and (succesfully!) haggled over most of the things I bought.

If there's something you want to know more about just let me know! Also, sorry about the pictures being a little blue. I couldn't resist taking pictures even though it was already quite late and the lighting was rubbish.

That aside, I totally scored with In My Pockets! I found two new kitties, two new puppies, four Jungle In My Pockets and five vintages! Tilt your computer screen to see the Baby Surprise swans...
I also got quite lucky on the Hello Kitty front. I don't collect PEZ (yyyyeeet) but the bunny on top of Hello Kitty's head is too cute to handle and also how could I not purchase anything My Melody? Right? The funky Kitties are Jakks Pacific, the tiny ones are the Sagittarius and the Libra from the zodiac series I've talked about before and the red one is a VINTAGE Kitty from 1987! I love the old-school look of it and it's awesome to own a perfect-condition Hello Kitty figure that is 4 years older than me. The astronauts are this year's Happy Meal toys from a set of four.
I also found a few new Natoons. The flocked cat and dog are missing their hug-partners, the baby ostrich and the leopard are from older sets and the puma, the gorillas and the dinosaur are from this year's releases.
I also grabbed a few derpy Disney princesses from the gold-dressed Zaini surprise egg line. I love how absolutely stupid these look. I mean, come on Cinderella ఠ‿ఠ.
Last but not least I found Pokémon! I found a dozen Topps candies that I was still missing (well actually 11, The Volbeat is an upgrade since my previous one did not have antennae). I'm most excited for the Bulbasaur, Clefairy, Vulpix and Charmander who are all from the late 90's and in A+ condition.
Not only did I find Topps figures but also Dolci Preziosi surprise egg pencil toppers! Yay it had been so long since the last time I found more of these! The Sceptile is a Tomy Choco Ball figure which is really cool too. If only it wasn't missing its stand, boo.
Definitely one of the coolest finds was this Tomy/Hasbro Deluxe Trainers Ash figure from 1999. It cannot have been played with much since it's in such good shape. The Meowth stamper is also from 1999 and it still works!
Nevertheless, my favorite treasure find of the day was this COMPLETE Zukan piece. Well, if one wants to nitpick, the plastic sticks that hold the figures in place are missing but I replaced them with toothpicks and that's just fine. Anyway, the whole set is in mint condition, it cost me only a few cents and the Spinarak is so cute and tiny that it breaks my heart a little a lot. I love the Zukan sets that come with a "personalized" stand instead of the basic circle and gen 2 Pokémon are very close to my heart so I couldn't have asked for a better find ♥.
But wait, there's more! The bug set wasn't the only Zukan of the day! I also got my hands on these Lotad, Mantine (impossible to photograph!), Noctowl, Seel & Dewgong (from the same set) and Huntail Zukans. I really like how these figures are in scale: I had no idea Noctowl was bigger than Dewgong!
The last figure finds were the plumpy Pikachu ornament, J. Franco & Sons Squirtle, the gorgeous Little Mermaid figure from 1992 and the neat tiger from Moomins.
So there you have it! I think I got very lucky this time around and I can't wait to go browse the market again next fall! Did you have favorites?

On a completely different note, making Barbie clothes from scratch has been on my Bucket list for the longest time. I'm decent at crochet but sewing has always been very difficult for me. Yesterday I finally dared to take on the challenge and made a brand new dress for my beloved Generation Girl Barbie... And I love it! So much so that I had to share it here in ze blog.

It wasn't at all easy, especially because I didn't want to use a ready-made pattern, but I'm really liking the end result! I had to make the corset four times before I got it right (enough) and hand-stitching the whole thing without using glue even to prevent the fabric from fraying but I think it totally payed off (✿◠‿◠). I would love to hear comments or tips on the subject! Is anyone else making or interested in making doll clothes? Maybe I should try to crochet a Barbie sweater or something!
Laters!

Tuuli

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti