torstai 17. maaliskuuta 2016

First!

I totally digged being a child in the 90's and the urge to collect things is firmly coded in my DNA. Therefore it really isn't that big of a surprise that I recently found myself collecting toys, figurines and such.

I’m not only big on collecting but also on keeping things ORGANIZED, which is probably why I felt the need to start a blog. Some of the motivation might also be related to the fact that sharing your finds is so much fun but posting five toy pictures a day on your personal instagram account probably is not. For other people, that is.

I have found toy blogs addicting, entertaining and inspirational from a readers point of view but haven’t been able to find too many that I like. I figured that a blog of my own could be likeable, if not for anyone else, at least for myself. Hurray!

In summary, here is what I like:
  1. Thrifting. I am NOT a big spender. Like, at all. You won’t see me ordering expensive anime figures online or having shopping sprees at anyplace Disney. Both are things that I wouldn’t mind at all if I was a stinking billionaire who actually owns a dishwasher. But honestly, there is nothing quite like the thrill of finding absolute gems for basically nothing, now is there? Hence the name of the blog.
  2. Best things in life are cute, Pokémon or preferably both. Sanrio yes, DC not so much!
  3. I am Finnish. It counts as a thing that I like BUT it also means that I don’t have access to a number of things that I might possibly enjoy having access to. Tsum Tsums, Shopkins, Disney figural keyrings, Vinylmations, Fashems, Mashems, all that jazz is either nonexistent or heartachingly expensive. Probably a good thing now that I think about it… Anywho the bright side is that I do have access to all the lovely Italian surprise eggs, Kinder and the toys of the unfortunate Finnish children whose mommas don’t understand the value of pointless trinkets!
So yeah, that is pretty much the deal. Let’s see how long I can wait before actually posting about something!

P.S. I am also a biologist so there might potentially be nature-y bits and pieces here and there. I don’t want to limit myself too much.

Welcome!

Tuuli

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti